Categories: World Real Raw News

Ukraine Violates Energy Strike Ceasefire Again – Russia

FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterPinterestPinterestRedditRedditLinkedInLinkedInBloggerBloggerTumblrTumblrInstapaperInstapaperShareShare

Kiev has launched artillery and drone attacks on power grid infrastructure in Russia’s border Bryansk Region, Moscow’s Defense Ministry reports.

Ukraine has once again breached the agreed-upon moratorium on energy infrastructure strikes by targeting Russia’s power grid, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Monday. According to officials, two separate attacks hit facilities in the Bryansk Region, causing power disruptions.

The ceasefire on energy strikes was established earlier this month after a phone conversation between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his U.S. counterpart, Donald Trump. Following the discussion, Moscow agreed to halt strikes on Ukraine’s energy facilities for 30 days, a move later confirmed by Kiev.

However, Russia has repeatedly accused Ukraine of disregarding the agreement almost immediately, with multiple violations occurring in recent days.

“The Ukrainian armed forces continue their attacks on Russia’s energy infrastructure despite the Kiev regime’s public claims of adherence to the moratorium,” the Defense Ministry stated.

One of the attacks, which took place on Sunday evening, involved artillery shelling targeting a facility operated by Rosseti Centre – Bryanskenergo. The strike damaged power lines, causing a blackout in the Suzemsky district.

Shortly after, a Ukrainian drone struck an electricity substation in the same region, further disrupting energy supplies, officials reported.

“These deliberate strikes on Russian energy infrastructure confirm the Kiev regime’s complete unwillingness to honor any commitments aimed at resolving the conflict,” the ministry emphasized.

Despite repeated ceasefire violations, Moscow has indicated it will continue to abide by the agreement for now, citing its importance in fostering progress in U.S.-Russia relations. However, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has warned that Moscow reserves the right to respond symmetrically should Kiev’s attacks persist.

Is this content hitting the mark for you? If so, consider supporting my work—buy me a virtual coffee! ☕ Your support keeps the ideas flowing. Thanks so much! 🙏 Please Contribute via  GoGetFunding

 

 

 

Chris Wick

Recent Posts

Trump’s Tariffs to Cripple EU Economy, Says Medvedev

In a dramatic escalation of global trade tensions, former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has claimed…

8 hours ago

The Shadow Beneath Global Affairs: A Cesspool of Corruption and Betrayal

In the dimly lit corridors of Global Affairs Canada, the air is thick with the…

9 hours ago

Hungary Rejects ICC Arrest Warrant for Netanyahu, Moves to Exit Court

​Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's recent visit to Hungary has sparked significant international debate, particularly…

1 day ago

Russia Declares Elton John AIDS Foundation ‘Undesirable’

The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office has officially banned the Elton John AIDS Foundation, labeling the…

1 day ago

India Responds to Alleged Ceasefire Violation by Pakistan

The Indian Army has claimed that Pakistani troops engaged in "unprovoked" firing along the disputed…

2 days ago

Ukraine Escalates Strikes on Russian Energy Sites Despite Ceasefire

Despite an agreement brokered by the U.S. to limit attacks on energy infrastructure, Ukraine continues…

2 days ago